When you write a blog for our SCEA website, we automatically make a Facebook post about the blog. Typically, we boost one of two of these Facebook posts to strategically chosen members of our community per month. Here is more information regarding boosting posts on Facebook.
When you create posts on your Facebook business Page, sometimes you’ll see a blue Boost Post button appear after you publish the post. The Boost Post button allows you to quickly create a Facebook ad using your post. This ad can appear in different places on Facebook, and you can show it to an audience of people you define. Boosting a post from your business Page is a quick and easy way to show your content to people who might be interested and grow your Page audience.
Anyone can boost a Post
Whether you’re an admin managing a Page, a seasoned advertiser who is just getting started with Facebook advertising tools or an experienced advertiser who has been managing complex advertising campaigns on Facebook for years, boosting posts can help any business reach their business goals regardless of advertising experience.
So Why Boost a Post?
Boosting a post may help you get more people to like, share and comment on the posts you create. Boosted posts are also a way to reach new people who are likely interested in your content but don’t currently follow you on Facebook. Your boosted post can include a call-to-action button so that you can drive people to take other actions you care about, like booking an appointment, signing up for a newsletter, getting in touch with your business and more. Check out different Page post ideas.
Features of Boosted Posts
- Targeted: Boosted posts can be shown to the audience of your choosing. You can define a new audience based on things like location, interests and more. You can also create a custom audience based on contacts you already have or a lookalike audience based on people who’ve already shown interest in your business Page.
- Many placements: Placements on Facebook represent where your ad will appear. Boost posts can be shown on the Desktop NewsFeed, Mobile NewsFeed and Instagram. In addition, the Audience Network placement is available for boosted posts that use video in the creative. Learn more about Facebook ad placements.
- Customizable budget: The amount you pay to boost your post is up to you. You can select a pre-populated budget or set a custom amount. Boosted posts require a minimum budget of $1 a day.
- Scheduling: You’ll set the amount of time you want your ad to run. You can choose from a custom duration (ex, 7 days) or set a custom end date.
- Ad creative: The ad you create will look just like the Page post it’s based on. The only difference is that your ad will appear with a Sponsored label in the top-left corner and will have a call-to-action button in the bottom-right corner if you choose to add one.
- Access to insights: When you boost a post or create any ad promotion from your Page, you’ll be able to view your results and insights in the Promotions tab.
Written by Brenda Phillips
Beehive Design Studio
Member: Brenda Phillips
Phone: (707) 332-8583
Category: Website Developer